Friday 19 February 2016

A frog on the ventilator

I stay in a township away from my hometown and parents.its a good place with trees and lot of bushes around it. Mostly, its a quite place with all the family people staying indoors most of the time.I stay alone in a house allotted to me. Lizards,cockroaches,spiders and most often mosquitoes are my constant companions in the house. As i am alone, i let all these creatures but  mosquitoes wander in my house freely. On the right side of my bathroom has a ventilator covered with a split glass.One-day,when i am having bath in the bathroom, I observed that a small stone kind of thing is sitting on the ventilator wall but i ignored it.For the next two days also i saw the same thing, but did nothing and on the very next day, the curiosity aroused in me so, paid attention to it. It has a color of gray mixed with green and suddenly it opened its one protruding eye which is brown blue-ish. I have taken aback by it and it scared me for a second. Later i have come to the sense that, it is a frog. I took a stick out and tried pushing it out of the ventilator but it jumped here and there with the long hind legs creating more panic in me. After sometime i did the same thing with the stick, this time around it got scared and jumped more frantically around the bathroom before settling to the same position of where it was earlier.

After that i let it be there thinking it has made friends with the variety of creatures that stroll in my house. whenever i enter the bathroom, i see it and it sees me with only one belly eye, it is there always admiring my naked body when i am in the bathroom. Almost one week passed and it is our daily routine to stare at each other whenever we meet in the bathroom like the lovers in the old movie. But all of a sudden one day it disappeared, i searched each and every corner of the bathroom to make sure that it actually did disappear. I wondered that it might have jumped out with his fellow male frog (i strongly assume that - its a female frog !!!) or might have got bored of looking at my naked body so many days or might have fed up sitting like a baby over there all the time and i moved on with my life as i have other issues to worry about in life than an ugly frog in the bathroom.

All most a week passed, as usual one day morning, i entered into the bathroom and stared at the ventilator accidentally, and there again, in its usual posture staring at me with one swollen eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment